Thursday, January 10, 2008

46 hours

In the last three days I have worked 46 hours. That might be a record even for me...to top it off, I've also gotten 15 hours of sleep in those same three days! Today, I only have 11 hours on the agenda, and then I get to spend the evening with my family :) :) :) Kristina's birthday is tomorrow so tonight we have to make a treat for her to take to school {on the last year that she can take a treat for school}. Stephanie has been so busy getting ready for end of semester finals today and tomorrow, with lots of homework every night. She is excited to change classes and to finally be done with Algebra! (Me too since I cannot help her with her homework) Next semester she will take Honors Contemporary World Studies, Spanish, Gym and Choir, and Advanced Placement English. Brennan too has been busy making sure that all his work is turned in. He is looking forward to his report card money and as usual already knows what he wants to spend it on. He definitely gets that from me! I had a few extra things on the agenda this week, which led to the long hours. Kristina said last night that she believes it's time for me to quit 'that dumb school thing' -- I explained to her that I will be done 'next year' (my new favorite phrase) and then at that point I'll have more freedom and more time to spend with her. She said, "But I won't be the same next year, I'll be old!" Bless her heart...She had to have lots of extra hugs last night and mom time. I rubbed her face so she could go to sleep and she seemed to be much more relaxed. Her skin is at the all time worse and so that is making her very emotional (in addition to me being gone) -- The real trouble is, when her skin is so broken out, all of the medication burns her and just makes it worse. I read on the package last night that burning is an adverse reaction (meaning she's probably become allergic to the medicine too) -- so today I must contact the Dr. to come up with a new plan.

On a brighter note, I talked to my friend last night that used to work at UIC-- I finally found out the pay scale, which is right up my alley, and also, that after you work at the college since you are a state employee, your kids can attend any state school for 50% off tuition. I think that is terrific! Also, you don't pay social security tax when you work there, and the benefits are terrific. Yes, I do believe this is where I want to work. I can only hope they feel the same way!

I taught my first class at the Y last night and I think it went pretty well. There are 28 people in the class so I was a bit surprised by that! (I really expected about 15)-- Stephanie's preschool teacher from Kiddie Kollege is in the class and it was so nice to see her again, and to thank her for giving Stephanie such a good foundation for learning. There was a lot of interaction and the students all seem to be pretty interested. Only 4 more classes to go :)

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday...until next time.

No comments: