Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pardon our dust!

This is my family room in progress...please pardon the mess! I told my niece, by the way I don't clean and organize before I paint, that all happens after! The khaki on the top is new...note the ugly white and left over beigey color on the bottom...yuck!

Now note the new khaki and chocolate brown :) I wasn't so sure at first, but it has really grown on me and now I quite like it! The cleaning and decorating will be done this weekend when the new entertainment unit comes in...can't wait for that :D
OK, so today I worked my usual 6a til about 4-- then I was off to Chasi for my adoption group...trouble was both of the child care workers were not able to attend, so guess who got to provide childcare?....yup, yours truly. I really wasn't looking forward to it, but it turned out to be ok. I had fun and the kids had fun. As I left work I grabbed a can of rootbeer and threw it in my purse for later. I stopped by Culver's and got a cup of yummy Stuffed Green Pepper soup. [Who knew they made that? It was VERY tasty!] I got to Chasi and got out some paperwork, when my phone rang. I pulled it out and it was R-E-A-L sticky and wet. Ummmmmmmmmmm. Yes, that's right, the whole can of root beer leaked into my purse. {Enter a speechless moment here} because I really didn't know what to do. I threw away every piece of paper I really didn't need and tried to stuff the rest into the side pocket to dry. I dabbed my dripping soaked wallet with tissue and when I picked it up to look at the bottom, yes it was dripping :( and it was now time for me to go care for 12 kids for 2 hours. Ugggghh, that mess is for sure going to have to wait! So, I am home now and the vera bag is getting ready to hit the washer, because really, I cannot tolerate sticky! I am really sad about my marc jacobs leather wallet and don't yet know if it is salvageable-- this has been my wallet for hmmmm about 2 years and it is going to be a tough replacement. Yes, I know we shouldn't get so caught up in material things, but being organizationally challenged as I am, it is especially hard when the one organizer you rely on becomes a root beer float! (I know bad joke, just couldn't help it!) So, we'll scrub up the ole vera tonight and if all else fails...the new spring colors are out and Raspberry fizz is calling my name (although I had hoped to wait til spring to actually purchase it!) Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the paint! it really looks warm.
as for the puse.. I know you too well and know you were freaking out. and for the wallet- it took me years to convince you that you NEEDED a wallet and if it goes, one may never come back!
Love, me

Candi Tardio said...

i also LOVE the paint job...looks great!!!
sorry about the purse...thats a real bummer...don't you just love how you can throw the purse in the washing machine!!!

Grammie said...

You guys are famous..Edwards Apple Orchard was on both National news last night for at least 5 minutes and maybe longer. The owner seems like a very nice man. It showed his many reletives trying to help him dig thru the rubble.
Too sad :[ I think I life the brown bottom in your den...I will remail w/o comment about the brown wall over the fireplace until I see it decorated with something very large ane light and bright.

Went to dance class today and watched, but my feet were twitching to get out on the dance floor with the rest of my gals. Guess what? Tell the kids that grammie doesn't get chest pains anymore in the cold air! What a miracle after so many years of it.

luv ya, mom