Thursday, January 31, 2008

Get to know me...

Today in the Rockford Register Star is this article featuring my daughter! The only glitch is....the article features Stephanie with Kristina's picture. They corrected it online, so when you pull it online it is Stephanie. The editor contacted me though and said that he will rerun it again tomorrow with Stephaie's picture. Be sure to check out 'what's something about the world that really bugs you' {I am having a very proud democratic mom moment here:)} But it'll be interesting to see if she gets any heat for that comment!

The kids all went to High School Musical on Ice last night with their Grandma, Aunt Teresa and cousin Arissa. They had a GREAT time and were so excited when they got home at 10:00! I wasn't sure if they would ever wind down to go to bed, but after sharing their excitment with me, they were off to dream land.

One thing I don't think I've shared yet is that Kristina's hamster, Chloe, has been sick this week. She came down with wet tail (the rodent form of severe diarrhea) this weekend. We went to the pet store to purchase the antibiotic and have been trying to nurse her along this week. We have been feeding her water and medicine with an eye dropper all week. She is now super thin after not eating for a few days, but began eating again yesterday. Hopefully between the eating and the meds she'll make it. I think we'll know in the next day or two how this is going to turn out. Over the course of my 30 or 40 hamsters that I've had (when I used to breed them for the pet store) I've only ever had a few die. Chloe is maybe the cutest hamster of all time, so I'd really like to see her make it, not to mention how sad Kristina will be if she dies. So...time will tell.

Mom had her test in the hospital yesterday and they still don't know what's up with her heart and why it is not working as it should. At last check they will continue with more tests, and Larry said that perhaps she will go the the Heart Institute in Phoenix to see what can be learned there. As always, please keep her in your prayers.

Until next time...

No comments: