Wednesday, January 2, 2008

TRANSITION!!!

Do you hear it? Listen closely...the winds of change are blowing :) As I sit her at the computer tonight I am a little bit glad that my kids went to bed at 10:20 instead of 11, 12, 1 or whenever because I got to say, "You better get in bed, you have school tomorrow!" Ahhhhh, the last two days of my vacation sans children. Hmmmmm, what to do....how about work?!? Ok, I'll put in 8 hours at Chasi tomorrow, but only after I pick the new paint color for the family room, and Friday...well, how bout invite some kids over !?! Sounds insane, um, I mean fun doesn't it :) My husband doesn't really understand the attraction I have to children, but I can't really get enough of them! (Although I still enjoy bedtime after being home with mine for 10 days:) So, tomorrow, I have to start cramming in all of the things I didn't get done that are on my to do list...Like today for instance I did 6 loads of laundry and counting Hooray! Tomorrow, I have to be at work at 12 til 7 or so, but REALLY would like to paint the family room ceiling first. (And wouldn't ya know it, I just scheduled a client for 6 and an hour later the cheer leading coach calls and says there will be practice at 6) Wow, and so my life resumes! Friday, I have Aubrey :):):) Brennan has the shrink, and after that I am taking Zoe, Jason, and Ethan to Sapora....FUN!!!! Enough about the to do list...the real purpose of this post is two fold.

First, to talk about transitions in life. The other day when my little one's ortho told me she would be getting her braces because alas, (wait...my daughter said never to say alas, it makes me sound old) so, the other day when my little one's ortho told me she would be getting her braces because, {can't think of a word other than alas} all of her baby teeth had fallen out, I immediately thought: WHAT? No more tooth fairy is needed at the Ruch house? Why, it can't be. I came home from the ortho and had my son open his mouth wide. Nope, there was not one baby tooth to be found. WHO SAID THAT WAS OK? WHERE WAS MY WARNING? I mean, really, when you're youngest child's last baby tooth falls out, shouldn't someone say...uh hem, take note here, this will be the last tooth placed under a pillow in your home. No one said that to me...so I didn't take pictures, there will be no terrific scrapbook page to follow and the tooth fairy is officially retired. Unless, does the fairy come when you get your wisdom teeth pulled? (When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, my mom brought me a kitten...I'm not sure if that counts) Really...she brought me a kitten. Although I didn't live at home then, so putting them under my pillow would have produced nothing. Darn it. Wait one moment please daughter
is yelling to be tucked in...Ok, she has been dutifully tucked in and kissed goodnight. Anyway...back to the song lyrics, "Don't blink, it goes faster than you think..." Enough said.

The second purpose of this post is for a "Mom" update. Wish I had her password, and I'da (that's slang for I would have...probably should patent that word) updated her blog. My Mom had her angio something or other today and they found a blockage. So, that is really good! I mean, not the blockage but that they found it BEFORE the heart attack, and so now they will fix it: First thing (or 10:00) tomorrow morning. So, I was very relieved to talk to her this afternoon and know that all was well. Her husband is fighting a cold and I felt badly for him as he sounded very stressed. I was waiting for the call today while sitting in the dentist chair and man did that ever make my dentist visit so long! (As if it's not long enough :D) My teeth are all shiny now,(although I still need a root canal, as soon as the budget allows--I'm pretty sure that will be some time after my daughter's 12th birthday, because really we MUST have our priorities in order!) my kids go back to school tomorrow, my mom is well, and wait! I have a new quote of the day. Instead of the old adage, one day at a time...I prefer..."Just take it one gigantic, earth shaking, crisis at a time! Love that one... or, here's one I saw the other day that I thought might be good for my new office..."I'm not really good at advice, would a sarcastic comment do?" I crack myself up. OK, so evidently I'm a bit tired, or giddy, or have been on vacation for too long, or perhaps have done too many loads of laundry in one day. Time for bed you ask? Well no, because after 6 loads, my darling daughters asked, "Could you wash this for me for school tomorrow?" Hmmmmm, [insert sarcastic comment here] Until next time...

No comments: