Friday, January 18, 2008

Proud Mama!

Grades are out and I couldn't be more proud. Where did I get these terrific kids?!? (Thanks God :) Stephanie got all A's except for the inevitable C in Algebra. (She tried hard but those tests were kicking her butt toward the end and it sure wasn't for lack of studying!) Brennan would be the proud owner of his best report card EVER!! He got 3 B's and 1 A. WAY TO GO BRENNAN!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!! Way to go Kevin for making sure that homework is done! Although I don't have Kristina's report card yet, since the grade school sends home paper report cards instead of posting them on Family Access :( , she always does a great job and I'm sure this time will be no different. Me you ask? I have straight A's too :) It must run in the family! So, that is the celebration entry for today. Now, onto more somber news.

I don't know why I feel like a walking medical report lately, but here is the latest. For those of you that formerly worked at Circles, the 'baby genius's' family just found out that their new unborn baby has a chromosome defect, perhaps the same one that Mayor Morrissey's baby had :( :( :( , so please keep them in your prayers. Also, Mary was admitted to the hospital last night, they believe with a mild stroke :( :( :( AND, Sandi Johnson is still waiting for cat scan results to see if her cancer has spread to the lung wall. The point of all this? Pray without ceasing for these families. They really need it!

Finally, I have a funny to share with you compliments of Brennan. His job is to take the garbage out as most of you know, and most of the time one would think he is asked to clean the entire house top to bottom. Well, if you are lucky enough to live in Northern Illinois like me, then you know that your window washer freezes the second it hits the window because it's about 0 degrees right now. Well, the poor pitiful Brennan had to take the garbage out last night and had to come in to warm up 5 times during the effort. His Dad suggested that maybe if he ran he would not be quite so cold. His response was. "Dad if I ran, then it would be more windy, and the wind chill from me running would make me colder!" Oh Yes, that makes perfect sense! (Why didn't we think of that! :)

2 comments:

Krishana said...

Oh my gosh, Brennan. I had to laugh so hard!

Stacie said...

Oh my goodness. I am praying for Mary and Sandi and (who is baby genius?)