Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Grateful for coziness

Last night the wind was howling so loud! I was very very grateful to be inside my warm and cozy house with my warm and cozy family. I canceled my 6:30 client in anticipation of the 'snow disaster' we were expecting....and of course, not one flake of snow fell! It was a bit icy when I came home at 6:00, but really the weather wasn't nearly as bad as anticipated. Every time I heard that wind blow and my house creak I was so glad to have a home. It's times like these that the homeless (especially the children) weigh heavy on my heart and I hope they are in a warm place. I will not go into the fact that America spends so much money on other countries but cannot possibly seem to feed the hungry in our own country, get the homeless off the streets, and fund the mental health needs. Hopefully a change in administration will help us to focus on our own problems here at home. {Did I say I wasn't going to go into it?} Today the actual temp is -2 with wind chills at -20. I had to wake my dear husband and ask him to take the kids to the bus stop. Since it's now a block from home, I think it's just too cold to stand outside for 15 minutes in this wind. I am not sure what was creaking on my house so badly last night, but I sure hope all of my shingles are in tack today! I was also grateful that my car was in the garage so I really didn't have to be exposed to the elements at all today :)

I talked to my mom last night after her unsettling post on her blog from yesterday. She is scheduled for more heart tests today at 12:00 our time since the other procedure they have done either didn't work, or had a malfunction, or something. So, please keep my mama in your prayers today so they can get her heart working properly. Also, they changed the pageant date to May 3rd instead of March 1st. (Mom joked that they didn't change it cuz they knew she was sick but it sure worked out well!) God be with you today Mom and send His healing grace your way.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Gabe's Mom said...

In regards to the problems in our country....who are you voting for pres??? LOL