Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Reading Marathon/Idol

Last night was quite the reading marathon at the Ruch house. Kristina read a book cover to cover, Kevin read quite a bit, and I finished one curriculum book and started another. I am catching up slowly but surely. I've had to take a bit of time off from the ole internship this week, but there are some topics I needed a bit more info on, so hence all the reading. This afternoon I have to prepare for my class I'm teaching tonight and found some great info on infant attachment last night in my studies. I caught up on Brothers and Sisters and also October Road the night before. The girls went to girl scouts were they are working on a photography unit (right up their alley) although I think they are finding out they're pretty smart where that is concerned. :) I registered my beeba for Middle School (VERY hard to believe isn't it?). She will have auditions in February. PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEE let her make one of the academies. Keep a good thought for her K?

Finally, the highlight of my evening was American Idol, and I came to realize how very addicted I am to that show. My favorites so far are the AA lady with the daughter with Rett's syndrome, and then there are two blonde girls...the very last one (very 'Faith Hill' ish) and then the one from Oregon that had to sell her horse to get there. I do believe the 'Princess Leigha" look alike was on the Autism spectrum, and felt a bit badly for her...but really, overall Simon was quite nice last nite! Shocking! So tonight I work til 9:30 but Tivo will be on hand to care for my Idol craving! Gotta love that Tivo--- Until next time...

1 comment:

Gabe's Mom said...

Yeah, I watched it, too, and "Princess Leigha (is that how it's spelled?)" was quite amusing. I was crackin' up! And those two blonde girls are just simply adorable! Very good voices! I can't wait to see the Omaha auditions. Tuesday, I think. YAY!