Monday, March 24, 2008

Fulfilled

This morning I must just reflect on the wonderful friends and family I have the privilege of sharing my life with! Really, who could ask for more? Certainly not me! A quick recap of the weekend...Friday night brought more pain in the butt beautiful snow. We had Robert over and had so much fun. He says Robert and now calls me Auntie instead of mama...he is learning a few words each day...he can run and jump now and is such a joy to spend time with! I post-poned scrap night until Sat, since a few friends ended up with conflicts and the weather was crummy. Saturday morning, I was up early to the Walmart...made all my Easter purchases and groceries for Easter dinner. I was happy to be there before the whole city turned out to complete their shopping. Kristina snow blowed the driveway so it would be clear for my scrap group. (Thankyou!) We worked on the house a bit and then Stephanie, Kevin, and I went to test drive a new van. They only had stripped down models which are not ok with me, but we did a test drive down what once was Alpine which is now more like a washboard to test the ride. AOK! We still want to drive an Odyssey and the Toyota Sienna before making our final choice. Perhaps we can get that done this weekend! Kristina and I were off to the mall where we found this super cute Easter Dress for her... It is so hard to find clothes for her, since she no longer fits girls sizes and really all the junior clothes are not for 12 year olds! Who thought Easter dresses should be sleeveless never lived in the midwest! After 4 stores we ended up at JCPenney where they had at least 5 dresses that she liked, they all fit her and they were all 50% off! With the sale price I was able to get her new brown flats to go with her new dress...too cute! Kristina died the eggs when we got home. We used a tiedye kit this year which was quite messy, but made cool eggs. The dye seeped through the shells a bit so when I made them into deviled eggs on Sunday...well let's just say they were colorful!


Saturday night...scrap night...9 of us in all and it was a great time! After everyone left, I told Kevin how I just feel so lucky to have such a great group of friends! We had baked potato bar, birthday cupcakes and lots of laughs. We even got a little work done! What a great time. Sunday morning I was up early to take care of Easter Bunny commitments. Kristina and I were off to church and then a Nap!! Yes a nap on Easter...since I had company the night before, I only had a little bit of picking up to do on Sunday to be ready! That made such a difference and it was so relaxing. Everyone arrived about 3:00, Shana, Aubrey, Ryan, Tim, and Deb...Gramma came later for dinner. My baby Aubrey just couldn't have been any cuter! with her chunky legs and be sure to check out the shoes...OMG! Talk about cute! She says her name now...which is just darling. Tim brought Guitar Hero which [gasp] I had never seen before...looks like fun and perhaps we'll need to purchase that in the near future. So the house was filled with Rock & Roll, laughter, kids, and family...what a good time! The kids all enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt, and I enjoyed that Tim Shana and Kevin hid the eggs! My little Aubrey had to get a head start on her egg hunt before the big kids joined in! My ham turned out perfectly (if I don't say so myself!) and Tim and Deb brought yummy Baker's Square pies for dessert! Finally, at 10:00 we had to call it quits as Tim and Deb still had to drive home to Kenosha. The 3 -4 inches of snow we were expecting ended up being only a dusting...and I am ready to take on another busy week! Hope you had a wonderful Easter too!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Catherine said...

You're a lucky mom that your daughter accepts wearing dresses, mine is a kind of tomboy always in jeans! I see she's wearing it at Easter family lunch. I like seing toddlers searching for eggs as if it was an important mission. They're too cute.
When you speak about scrapping, do you mean scrapboooking, for instance?

Jacque said...

Yes, scrapbooking! We (my girls and friends and I) are all avid scrapbookers!

Catherine said...

You could load/post a lay out. Here, in France we're at the begining, you know. When I see what american or australian create, I'm very admiring! I like pictures and furthermore, when they're "mise-e-scene" on a lay out.